Regret.

Monday, December 23, 2013

I lost my best friend August of 2012.
She's not literally lost, she still goes to college and is in a relationship with a beautiful boy.
But we're not friends anymore.
I ruined it.
I was selfish.

My best self was not present that day over text message.

But let me tell you, she was my best friend.

I met her my freshman year of high school.
We did not like each other.
But oh Sophomore year, that's when the magic happened.

We had Marketing 101 together.
I don't think I learned anything from the class except how to play
Egyptian Rat Screw.

We used to look up cute cowboys and listen to country music.
She was going to marry Jake Owen.
We planned it all out as we rode The Kamakazi over and over again at the Fair that summer before Junior Year.

Then she moved back to Michigan.
I missed her.
I envied her.
She wrote beautiful poetry.
She was in a relationship with a boy who would fly across the country to see her.

She came back Senior year though.
Thank goodness.
I don't think I could have survived it without her.

She asked me to Winter formal.
My locker was full of balloons.
We went to Homecoming.
We laughed and sang "Forget You" out the window to all the boys hearts we broke that year.

We made sugar cookie fruit pizzas and her Dad would yell, "The Ginger is here! Quick! Hide the Lucky Charms!" every time I came through the door.
Just Dance.

Don't take friends like that for granted.

I will always love you.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground