The only religion I want.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

"Like the pharisees, we are quick to passionately debate our lists of do’s and don’ts, and slow to enter into the redemptive work Jesus has charged us with."

This girl has got it right. I want to be the kind of Christian that doesn't debate silly topics. I want to be the kind of Christian that preaches good news to the poor, who helps to bind the broken hearted, who speaks freedom to the captives
and release from darkness for the
prisoners. Someone called to be an oak of righteousness for the Lord. I want beauty instead of ashes. I want the oil of gladness instead of mourning. I want a garment of praise, not a spirit of despair. 
 
I want to use the gifts I've been given to help the poor. The only religion I want is the kind that extends itself to the orphans and the widows in their distress. The kind that keeps itself separate from the world.

Read this:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground