Thankful.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

If I'm being honest, life is hard.
But it's also wonderful, and strange, and ugly, and beautiful.
It'll make you incandescently happy one day, and the next leave you gasping for air.
Just. Trying. To. Hold. On.

I'm in a season of my life where I am being tested, and pushed, and pulled, and dragged through the growing changes of my life. I am being asked to be a better sister. aunt. daughter. girlfriend. nurse. 

I am being asked to step up to the plate and give my best shot, even on days I don't quite... feel like it.

 I'm learning that feelings come and go and they come on as quickly as they pass. Old hurts heal. Broken hearts are made new. The people who are supposed to be there for you... Show up. And stay.

The people who help you succeed aren't always your flesh and blood. Sometimes it's teachers. Sometimes it's friends. Sometimes it's relationships kindled over giggles and coffee.

Hard work is necessary. Long days are required. Saving every penny is a necessity.

But if I'm being honest, none of this would have been made possible without Him.

The anchor of my soul. My guiding ship. My rock.

He's forgiven me more times than I can count, and He continues to not lose faith in me, even on days I lose faith in myself.

He's given me a love that is better and brighter than I could have ever dreamed.
He's provided for me monthly and has met all my needs. Financial and other wise.
He has given me the strength to continue on days I'd much rather say forget it.

I love Him. I'm not afraid to say it.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground