My mess is my message.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016


Lately God has been tugging on my heart to share my mess, because as I've come to discover, my mess is my message to the world that He is working. So we'll start with what started this pull I've been feeling, and it starts with a psychiatric care unit.



Five months ago I stepped out in faith and applied for two positions as a CNA. One was to work on the floor of a rehabilitation center and the other was to work on the psych unit of the hospital. Both positions were part time, but as I was finishing my second year of nursing school, I really needed a position I could float to during the school year. My recruiter, excited about my interest in psych, got me an interview right away, and then I heard... nothing. I couldn't fill the part time position they needed, so I waited. It was then that I had received a phone call almost a month later, that my recruiter had worked with the psych unit to create an on-call position for me. If that isn't a giant red sign reading, "You're supposed to be here," I don't know what is? I happily accepted, but then discovered that I would need to make up a week of school to attend the new employee orientation. At first my teacher's response was a definite no, understandably. But as spring term began to progress, they told me that I could attend orientation as long as I made up the hours I missed before the end of the term.

God had a plan. 

Four months and six days later, I am absolutely in love with what I do. As a mental health aide, I'm able to be there for people in some of their darkest moments. I'm able to pray and be a listening ear to some of the most beautiful people I have ever had the chance of knowing and caring for. It is a job that has caused me to seek God more and to pray without ceasing for the hurting.

God knows what He's doing. 

I hope to share some of the miracles that I have seen take place, no names or descriptions attached. Just small miracles that I know God has his hands on.

Stay tuned.

These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
John 15 v 11

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground