The plants are alive.

Friday, August 26, 2016


I am not an expert gardener by any means. The only flowers we had in my family's yard hung in baskets from our rain gutters. So to my amazement, everything still continues to grow. No matter how many times I forget to water the plants. 
They still bloom. 
They still grow.
 
 
Realizing this today caused me to reflect, because you see, I've been overcome with worry lately. 

The last couple days I've been worrying and fretting. 
Worried about paying for my last year of school.  
Frustrated that as much as I work I can't always buy what I want. 
Hello discipline.
Anxious that I'll barely get by once school starts. 
Just plain worried. 

But then I paused, looked up, and saw these flowers and plants looking back at me. 

And then these words flooded my heart.
 
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
 
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow.
 
Matthew 6 v 26-28 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. 

Matthew 11 v 28 

But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life. 

John 4 v 14 
 


The fact is, God will provide me just as he provides for the birds of the air and the plants in my house and back yard. And He will do the same for you!

He is there, and in Him I can find my peace. I can give those worries and frustrations to Him and rest. 

And also thank Him, that through His creation I can be reminded that He is there supplying all my needs, in this moment. In this time.  

Look at a tree, a flower, a plant. Let your awareness rest upon it. How still they are, how deeply rooted in being. Allow nature to teach you stillness. 

Stillness Speaks 
Eckhart Tolle 

Thank you for watering the plants Ryken. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground